Last week I was completely taken by surprise when the lovely Deb from Nourish Nation nominated yours truly for a Liebster Award!
So what is this award all about,
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers. A really cool way of recognizing your blog and a way to connect and discover other awesome blogs.
The Liebster Blog Award brings a new audience to bloggers who, like myself have just started out. Who doesn’t love a little blog love and recognition of your talent. Spread the word!
Once you have been nominated, here are a few things you will need to do to ensure the great news travels!
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer
5. Notify your nominees
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
I’m not going to lie, I was overwhelmed at first but the reward far outweighed any doubts. It’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and have some fun at the same time.
Below are the questions and answers given to me by Deb!
What nourishes you?
Alone time! I love my family and friends and enjoy spending time with them of course! But when life gets to hectic I need some me time. Not a lot, sometimes just sitting on the couch once everyone is in bed is enough. Time to clear my head and organize my thoughts is a must!
Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a night owl. I’m not fond of early mornings, never have been! I’d much rather be up late than up early, especially in winter!
What sport would you love to do?
This was tricky for me as I’ve never liked or excelled at sport. If I had to chose something though, I would choose running. I’ve always admired the people I see jogging / running around my neighbor hood.
Favourite TV series?
At the moment I love Game of Thrones, can’t get enough of it. Other favorites include Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, House Husbands and anything about renovating!
The perfect day for you is?
It would start with a sleep-in obviously! Any day spent doing something with hubby and the kids is always a perfect day. And to finish someone other than me would cook dinner!
Gold or silver jewellery fan?
More recently silver, I find it just seems to go with more. I have a lot of gold jewellery though, like my wedding and engagement rings.
Your favourite quote is…?
‘ Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think ‘ Dr Suess
What musical has taken your breath away?
I haven’t experienced too many musicals at the theater however we did take the kids to see Mary Poppins last year. I think seeing them enjoy the show and singing along took my breathe away.
The most inspirational person in your eyes is…?
A little cliche but it would have to be my mum. She is no longer with us and there are many qualities she had that I found inspirational. Two things that I will remember fondly are her compassion and willingness to help everyone she could.
What would you name a new pet dog?
We already have one dog. A border collie named Daisy! If I were to get another (I’m not planning on it!) I would get a boy and call him Jock!
Here are the 10 gorgeous bloggers I wish to nominate for this award. I have really enjoyed reading all of your blogs and look forward to your future posts
- Sharon from Twitchy Corner
- Malinda from My Brown Paper Packages
- Vicki from The Fashionable Mum
- Hayley from Primping Perth
- Jasmine from Pretty Chuffed
- Shannon from How Can I wear That
- Andrea from Icadoo
- Reannon from She Who Rambles
- Barbe from Fashionista In Suburbia
- Janet from Middle Aged Mama
And here are my 10 questions to you!
- What are you passionate about?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- My favourite time of the year is………?
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
- Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
- What was the last book or movie that made you tear up or cry?
- High heels or flats?
- If you could change you first name, what would you change it to?
- The best place you’ve been for a holiday was……?
- What makes you a good person?
Phew, that was fun!
Enjoy fellow bloggers. I can’t wait to see your answers to these questions and get to know you all a little bit more!