I thought I would mix things up on the blog starting today!
Since beginning blogging four months ago I have been really fortunate to come into contact with a ton of fabulous people. It’s really easy to get lost in the blogging world but lucky for me the ‘friends’ I have made have all been extremely supportive, really friendly and at times hilariously funny!
It’s for this reason that I’ve decided to celebrate some of those new found friends and have my own little shoutout party! Each Wednesday I will feature a fellow blogger, friend or sometimes a celebrity. These are the people that inspire me in some way. Perhaps it’s their incredible sense of fashion, their approach to life, how they style their homes or just their complete awesomeness!
First cab off the rank is a super stylish lady by the name of Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes.
In her own words ‘Kimba is a beauty junkie with a passion for fashion and a zest for fun’ You must check out her hugely popular website if you haven’t already. I enjoy Kim-Marie’s sense of fun quirky style, her fab shopping suggestions and her love of all things vintage! I always look forward to her daily outfit posts on Instagram and love that she thinks outside the box, inspiring me to try and be a little more out there! Although I don’t believe I could carry it off as well as she does! I would love to sit down for a cup of tea ( in vintage teacups of course! ) a muffin and chat with Kim – Marie one day as I think she would be total hoot!
Now I must confess, there is another reason why I have chosen Kim-Marie first up and that’s because she has been kind enough to nominate me for a
So happy to have been nominated again. For those not familiar with the Liebster Award, here’s a brief explanation of the concept and rules from my previous nomination.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers. A really cool way of recognizing your blog and a way to connect and discover other awesome blogs.
The Liebster Blog Award brings a new audience to bloggers who, like myself have just started out. Who doesn’t love a little blog love and recognition of your talent. Spread the word!
Once you have been nominated, here are a few things you will need to do to ensure the great news travels!
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer
5. Notify your nominees
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
Here are my answers to Kim-Maries questions!
- What is your favourite movie? OMG there are too many to choose from! I love the old school movies I grew up with like Stand By Me, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Buellers Day Off and recently I have been thinking so much about watching Forrest Gump again!
- How many countries have you visited? Not nearly enough! Only one and that was New Zealand, I loved it as I thought it was a beautiful country.
- Tell me which celebrity floats your boat? Ooohhh tricky! Years ago I would have said River Phoenix but recently Ryan Gosling goes alright!
- Do you have a favourite nail lacquer colour? I like to go with quite bold colours when I can be bothered doing my nails and RED would be an all time favourite.
- What song always makes you sing along? Anything from the Grease soundtrack! Again there are just too many to choose from.
- Team Edward or Team Jacob? Or Team Grow Up, what the hell are you talking about? Hahaha I know what it is, but after watching the first movie and not being able to get past the mumbling I am Team Neither!
- Can you parallel park like a pro? Yes I actually can! I am better at it now we have a reversing camera in the car but even before that I was pretty damn good!
- Your dream holiday destination? New York, Paris, London……… I can’t pick just one!
- Silver or gold? Silver, for sure.
- What star sign are you and do you think it represents you? Pisces and definitely. Dreamy, romantic, loyal, intuitive! The eternal optimist, always looking for the best in people and situations, sometimes to the detriment of my own well being. It’s just who I am!
And there you go. A little insight into me!
Now I know the rules state that I have to nominate another ten bloggers but I am seriously going to struggle with this! ( Sorry Kim-Marie ) Being a newbie blogger means I haven’t had a chance to discover a whole heap of blogs. Having done the Liebster Award before I have nominated bloggers once already and other blogs I have now discovered have also been nominated a few times!
I’m so sorry everyone,
Please forgive me!
I look forward to bringing you a fabulous woman each week……… who knows, it could be you!