What a week it has been. I’m genuinely surprised that it’s Friday already!
I must warn you, this will probably be a rambling post ( hence the title ) . So much on my mind, going through my mind and filling up what little brain space I have left!
Best and Worst of the week looks a little like this…
- Getting the kids to school on time everyday day this week. Quite a feat some days and I’m happy to report that both kids have settled into school really well.
- Shopping!! Anytime I can pick up a bargain makes for a great week. I’m one of the many singing the praises of K-mart ( again ) . How good are the home wares at the moment. Just when I thought there would be tears and tantrums I FINALLY got my hands on one of the Ampersand Lights…. who knew the ‘&’ actually had a name! Now I just need to convince hubby that yes we do in fact need stools and a coffee table and possibly a new lamp! And don’t worry, it wasn’t all home decor I also found a really pretty shift dress! Current stock and only $15. If your on IG check the hashtag #kmartstyling for more inspo!
- Now perhaps one of the more funny/ lovely things to happen this week was being recognized in K-mart by a gorgeous Instagram follower named Bree! She was so friendly and for the rest of the day I was feeling pretty good about myself!
And the not so good……
- On Tuesday there was a terrible accident resulting in the loss of two electrical workers lives at my local shopping centre. Whilst this doesn’t affect me on a personal level as I don’t know the victims, there loss and subsequent heartache for family and friends has been on my mind. So very sad…
- And now Social Media. Ahhhhh Social Media. I have seen many posts over the last two weeks that have talked about negative comments. I have been very fortunate thus far with blogging and Social Media to have not received any harsh feedback. I just don’t understand why people feel the need to tear down others. If you don’t like something you see then just scroll on by, unfollow…. anything! I’m from the school of thought that if people are going to criticize you for putting yourself and your ideas out there, then that says more about them than it does about you and what you’re doing.
If you’re someone like me who likes to talk / blog about fashion then it goes without saying that not everyone will like your outfit choices. And that’s okay. I don’t love every outfit I see either but I would never say something hurtful or nasty to the person posting it. If you wouldn’t criticize someone to their face then for the love of chocolate don’t be a keyboard warrior.
I love the community of bloggers, Instagram & Facebook followers that I have. I’ve had quite a few people tag me in photo’s because they’ve taken inspiration from an outfit I’ve worn. This brings me so much joy, I can’t even begin to explain how this makes me feel!
I’m just me, a mum from the burbs, raising kids and shopping on a budget. I post outfit photo’s with the #everydaystyle hashtag with the super stylish Nikki from Styling You ( who I’ve been lucky enough to meet in person! ) and follow along with many other women doing the same because it’s fun and inspiring. I try not to get caught up in the politics of Social Media, it’s too exhausting!
Do what you love, be kind to one another. If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. Seriously just ZIP IT!!
Keep it friendly, compliment someone…… they may really need to hear it.
I’m off now, sorry for the rambling post but I did warn ya!!